Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Web 2.0 Wednesday

One year ago, I didn't tweet.  In fact, one year ago, I had hardly even heard of twitter.  And when my select group of friends did in fact mention their twittering, I thought they were referring to being in a state of having too much coffee.

Twitter was my favorite breakthrough in 2009.  Because while it has existed since 2006, 2009 really was its year.  Now that we are on the brink of 2010, a new concept occurs to me (and to many others who have been thinking along the same lines) - Top Twitter Trends of the year!  Much like how Time magazine always does a year in review - most popular technology bursts, biggest scandals, best movies, etc., Twitter has been tabulating the data for this all along - and has crowdsourced quite the list.

Pretty interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment